The Best Neck Pain Treatment in Singapore
Do you have a stiff neck or neck pain after waking up? Is it uncomfortable sitting in front of the computer or while using your mobile phone? Has your productivity been affected?
Once considered to be a result of aging, neck pain has become a household condition, and one that seems to spare nobody. Today’s kids spend much of their free time playing games on desktops, laptops, i Pads and on mobile phones. More and more teens and adults are opting to text instead of placing a call. Even senior citizens are plugging in and spending extended time emailing on their home computers. With all this tech time, what we’re seeing more and more is a high incidence of neck pain that spans all generations. It seems no one is immune from what has come to be known as “tech neck.”
Do I Have Tech Neck?
You’re one of the millions of people with Tech Neck if you experience any of the following:
- Dull, achy neck pain
• Sharp neck pain
• Shooting pain down the shoulder or arm
• Tingling or numbness into the shoulder, arm, or hand
• Restricted mobility in neck area
• Tightness or stiffness in neck region
What Causes Neck Pain?
You might be surprised to learn that there is not simply one thing causing your neck pain, but more likely several things conspiring to create this uncomfortable condition. These include:
- Poor Sitting Posture – Sitting hunched over a computer /desk all places constant pressure on the neck. The neck muscles become tightened and overly strained, causing neck pain.
- Poor Standing Posture – Forward rounded shoulders pull on the head and neck causing them to lean forward, placing additional strain and tension on the neck.
- Poor Sleeping Posture – Lying in bed for hours with the head too high from too many pillows or with the head too low from insufficient pillows, creates imbalance in the neck muscles, which ultimately leads to neck pain. Stomach sleeping – where the head remains turned to one side – places tremendous strain and pressure and should be strictly avoided.
- Physical Injuries – Car accidents, motor bike accidents, and falls are some common injuries where a sudden, forced movement of the head causes injury to the neck area.
- Arthritis – Degenerative changes of the spine from constant wear and tear can irritate the nerves in the neck, causing associated neck, head, or arm pain.
Is Pain Medication Helpful?
Although they might help with the symptoms, pain medications do not treat what’s causing the pain. In fact, pain medications simply mask the cause and help you forget that there’s a problem. Unfortunately, ignorance isn’t always bliss. Spinal problems left uncorrected tend to worsen over time. This will cost you more in the long term, especially when considering the risk factors associated with prolonged use of medication.
How Does Chiropractic Help With Neck Pain?
Chiropractic care directly addresses the cause of the problem, which, most often, is due to misaligned vertebrae in the spine not moving well. At Pain X Chiropractic, we deliver gentle spinal “adjustments” to the affected areas and go one step further by teaching you how to stretch and strengthen muscles, develop good postural habits, and even help you set up your work station to prevent your neck pain from returning.
Countless people thank Chiropractic for their freedom from pain and improved quality of life. You can be one of them. All you need to do is take that first step. Schedule your appointment now.