Amazing Sciatica Treatment in Singapore
Do you have shooting pain or a burning pain down the leg? Are you experiencing a tingling or numbness sensation in your leg? Does your pain get worse with prolonged sitting or standing?
If you answered “yes” to any of these, then there’s a very high probability that you have a condition known as Sciatica.
What is Sciatica?
Sciatica is a spinal condition involving irritation or damage to the sciatic nerve, which starts in the lower back and runs down the buttock and along the back of each leg. The sciatic nerve is actually the largest nerve in the human body and is formed from five nerve roots coming together in the lower part of the back.
With a big nerve comes big responsibility. Thus, the Sciatic nerve is responsible for the proper functioning of the muscles of the hip, knee, and ankle, as well as for ensuring proper sensation in the back of the thigh, calf and the foot.
What are some of the common symptoms?
The symptoms of Sciatica are typically felt on only one side of the body, as it is rare that both sides would be affected at the same time. However, in severe cases, a Sciatica condition which is left unaddressed and unattended to over time can affect both sides, alternating from one side to the other. These symptoms include:
- Tingling, burning, or shooting pain on one side of the body, starting in the lower back and going down the buttock and leg, sometimes all the way to the foot
- Pain that gets worse after sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Pain that gets worse when coughing, sneezing, laughing, or while having a bowel movement
- Weakness or numbness in the thigh, leg or foot
- Walking can be painful or difficult
What causes Sciatica?
One of the primary causes of Sciatica is a restricted motion in spinal joints. When the bones and joints of the spine are not moving well, this causes an irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve. When the nerve is irritated, the pain and other symptoms of Sciatica are produced.
There are some additional conditions that can cause Sciatica to develop. These include:
- Slipped Disc -With prolonged wear and tear on the spinal discs, the jelly like material inside the disc can bulge and irritate the sciatic nerve
- Muscle Spasms – When one or more lower back muscles are tight or inflamed, this can compress or irritate the sciatic nerve and cause the pain and other sciatic symptoms
- Pregnancy – The extra weight and pressure on the spine during pregnancy can place excess strain on the lower back, making it prone to Sciatica
- Bone fractures, tumors, and infections surrounding the sciatic nerve can also cause an irritation or Sciatica
Natural Treatment for Sciatica
Many patients suffering from Sciatica will find immediate relief under our care. While it can take as long as several weeks to several months to resolve, most people with Sciatica start to feel better right away. Perhaps best of all, the Sciatica can be eradicated without drugs or surgery.
Countless people thank Chiropractic for their freedom from pain and improved quality of life. You can be one of them. All you need to do is take that first step.